Science & Technology Podcast Favorites
John D. Furber
Master of Science in Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine.
Bachelor of Arts in Physics and Mathematics, University of California, Santa Cruz.
[ John D. Furber Home page ]
While I am doing manual stuff or driving,
I like to listen to educational programs with cordless headphones or on my iPhone.
Here are the best science & technology news and interviews I have found.
They are all free from the iTunes store,
or you can go to their own websites.
My favorites are:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac and click on iTunes Store.
- In the main menu, choose "Podcasts".
- In the categories menu, choose "Science and Medicine".
- On the right side of the "Featured" box, click on "See All".
There are 5 pages to browse through.
Let me know what you think of them.
- "Science Times" from the New York Times.
- "The Science Show" from Australia's Radio National ABC.
- "Science in Action" from the BBC World Service.
- "Futures in Biotech"
- "biobytes" - Life sciences from The Rockefeller University
- "NPR: Science Friday Podcast"
- "The Loh Down on Science Podcast" (Only about 2 minutes. Humorous science.)
- "Science Talk: The Podcast of Scientific American"
- "Nature podcast"
- "WNYC's Radio Lab"
- "NPR: On Health Podcast"
- "TWIT: This Week in Tech" hosted by Leo Laporte
- "Mac Break Weekly" hosted by Leo Laporte
- "tech5" - 5 minutes of commentary by John C. Dvorak
- "PRI: Living on Earth"
- "APM: Marketplace" 30 minutes every weekday
- "Creative Screenwriting Magazine" - Interviews with screenwriters in front of a live audience. Three good interviews to start with are:
- Andrew Stanton- Wall-E
- Michael Moore- Sicko
- Christopher McQuarrie- Valkyrie