John D. FurberMaster of Science, Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine.
Bachelor of Arts, Physics and Mathematics, University of California, Santa Cruz.
[ John D. Furber home page ]
As the founder and manager of several companies, I have had the experience of helping others to successfully balance conflicting demands with integrity and grace.
As a management consultant, I have worked with small businesses as a trusted agent of management when they needed guidance or skilled extra effort during periods of rapid growth. In particular, I have assisted various enterprises with planning, marketing, government relations, raising capital, research, office automation, and business organization.
Business Expertise and Interests:
Business Resource Links:
- Patents, trademarks, intellectual property;
- Connecting entrepreneurs with investors;
- Business incubators for startups.
Business Qualifications and Experience:
Businesses started and managed:
- LEGENDARY PHARMACEUTICALS, Founder
Redwood City, California, February 2000. www.legendarypharma.com
- PLEASANT VALLEY SOFTWARE CORPORATION, President and Managing Director
Santa Cruz, California and Madras, India (June 1984 - May 1985)
Presided over startup and first year of operation of this California corporation with six employees in California, and a dozen stockholders in Europe and the United States. Established an Indian affiliate, Shanthi Software, with ten programmers in Madras. PVS provided custom software development services for clients in the USA and Holland, and exported personal computer equipment to India.
- CONSULTING SERVICE (1991 - present)
Started and ran a successful business providing consulting services in Management, Science, and Technology.
- TUTORING SERVICE (1991 - present)
Started and ran a successful private tutoring service for students in college, high school, and graduate school, including management/MBA students, dental students, and medical students. Enjoyed high client satisfaction, frequent repeat business, low overhead, good profitability.
- STARLIGHT ENERGY TECHNOLOGY, President and Founder
Aptos, California and Washington, DC (1980 -1986)
- Provided consulting services in renewable energy and conservation technology implementation.
- Advised manufacturing companies on design and manufacture of solar energy equipment.
- Developed business plans and raised capital for several other business ventures.
- Dealer for Heart Interface power invertors, Arctic-Kold 12/24 volt refrigerators, and MultiPure water filters.
Business Teaching Experience:
- MENLO COLLEGE, Atherton, California (1995-1998)
Taught business students in the Accelerated Management Degree Program.
- Adjunct Professor - Systems Analysis and Design (1998)
- Teaching Assistant - Financial Management and Accounting (1996)
- Teaching Assistant - Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions (1995)
- Privately tutored an MBA student throughout his entire curriculum, from Bachelor degree to MBA graduation. (1994- 1997)
- AHA, INC., Technical Support Representative - Project Management Software
Santa Cruz, California (1983 - 1984)
Provided technical assistance to clients who were learning Project Management/Planning software on early personal computers.
Trained sales and other technical support staff.
Served as Staff Energy Analyst for the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment (OTA), Washington DC, 1975 - 1979.
- SOLAR ELECTRIC INTERNATIONAL, Technical Advisor
Washington, DC (1979 - 1980)
- Coordinated worldwide field support of solar-powered irrigation systems.
- Analyzed competing sources and methods of producing photovoltaic solar cells and other system components; make vs. buy decisions; factory planning.
- Recruited key personnel.
- Multiple trips to Europe, India, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean to consult, lecture, and study.
Please call or email to discuss your needs...
Contact information:John D. Furber
E-mail: johnfurber at aol.com
[ John D. Furber home page ]
© 2000 - 2003 by John D. Furber. All rights Reserved.